Sunday, August 16, 2015

DIY Rice Bag Wall Hanging

My Grandparents owned an International grocery store on Nicollet Island, Minnesota in the 1960 through the early 1980's. It was called International House of Foods. They had the first Fortune Cookie Machine west of the Mississippi. How sweet is that story? I remember helping to make fortune cookies and riding the big freight elevator.

My mom was cleaning out her house about a year ago. We found a few of my Grandma Marvel's branded rice bags. I was going to make them into pillows but decided I would rather have some wall hangings. I sewed a little channel for the dowels (from Michaels). I painted them with Hand Made Modern Glow-in-the-dark paint in Clementine. Then added a few neon pom poms for flair.

I am hanging up this sassy rice bag near a giant poster with some neon orange lettering. I am still working on styling up this room. Maybe some photos later?

No comments:

Post a Comment