Sunday, September 16, 2012

DIY truffles

{marthastewart.com}

I found the recipe on pinterest. It is a Martha Recipe. I modified it a bit. I passed on the orange peel. I am sure it would be wonderful with an orange peel, but the oranges at my store looked sub-par.

Overall, I thought this would be easier. It was messy. I don't think I would do it again any time soon. In my mind, the truffles should have had better shape. However, the more you mess with them the more messy you get. It is best to shape the truffle once you are rolling it around in the toppings (cocoa powder, coconut, powdered sugar, or nuts). That tip was NOT on the recipe.

I think they would taste wonderful with a strong cup of coffee, but I finished creating these late at night. So maybe tomorrow morning I will enjoy one to start the day. . . Bringing them to work. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment